Monday, December 05, 2005

Dr. Mom





Hello everyone!
Great news! On Friday, my mom filed her dissertation and is now officially Dr. Mom. Hahaha. We celebrated by going out to dinner. Dad and I both had colds or at least mild fevers and stayed in all day Saturday. We also watched the USC-UCLA game, which was embarassing for mom because her school lost big time! Then Sunday we had a visit from Tita Barbara and Tita Carolina, Mom's friends from UCLA.

The other pictures are of me having some tummy time and watching the football game. Observe my expression as USC beats UCLA 66 to 13. Ouch!! Until next time!!! Love, Gavie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see you, Baby G. Do you have your winter wear ready?

LizaT said...

OH MY GOODNESSSSS!! Gavie! Can you just fly out here tomorrow?? I'll make the reservation...
Congratulations Dr. Talusan (uh, are you talking about my Lolo? Lola?) That's awesome! You worked really hard. Wow...in a matter of 7 months, you got married, had a baby, and became a Doctor. Woah. We can't wait to see you all! I just washed all of Joli's winter clothes for Gavie. Good thing he looks like a Pinoy man because he'll be decked out in PINK and PURPLE while he's here!

Jon and Jenny said...

Congrats, Mari! You must feel so relieved! Gavin is getting so big, we want to see him sooo bad! Jon will probably be able to see you all in Mass. in a few weeks, but me and Mia will have to wait:( Is Gavin sleeping through the night yet?

MTL said...

Hi everyone!
Oh, I'm glad you all are writing comments. I check this blog everyday just to connect with everyone! Gavie is sleeping through the night, from 11:30 to 8am. It's soooo liberating! Especially since I have to apply for jobs during the day. That entails a lot of writing letters and proposals. I can't wait for vacation!!! Love, Mari

LizaT said...

Wow! you're getting a lot of sleep! That's awesome! Ah.. remember back to those dreamy nights in September (oops.. I mean sleepless nights!)?

Jon and Jenny said...

Congratulations, doctor ate! Mia has that same Glo-worm!